Almost everyone going to Sapa also want to conquer the roof of Indochina – Fansipan (Phan Xi Pang). But it is not easy to conquer it and not everyone is eligible for going up to a height of 3.143m. Therefore, we hope that the following experiences from A to Z to conquer Fansipan will help you stand atop the roof of Indochina in your Sapa tours.
What season should we conquer Fansipan?
According to Fansipan conquering experience of professional “adventurers”, the best season to conquer Fansipan is from late September to the end of April next year. Among them, the most beautiful and the most appropriate is October and November, the weather is cool, partly sunny and not too cold. However, the weather is quite abnormal in Fansipan, halfway up the mountain, the sunshine is brilliant while you move forward, there may be clouds and drizzle, but if you are lucky you will admire the amazing natural phenomena such as rainbows.
Therefore, if you go to Sapa for the only purpose to conquer Fansipan, go in November and December. If combining with sightseeing and exploring other things of Sapa, go at the end of September to the end April.
What to prepare for the journey to conquer Fansipan?
Surely no one goes expedition with the bare hands. It is not as simple as many people think, just go hiking with suitable shoes and clothes is enough. To conquer Fansipan successfully and get choked, touched and proud moments to see the roof top of Indochina, you should note to prepare the following items:
Hiking group: According to Fansipan conquering experience when traveling to Sapa, you should travel in groups of 3-5 people. You can help each other and get more motivated to conquer this majestic mountain.
Physical and mental health: This is essential for any trip, especially as climbers, more special is conquering Fansipan. To have good health and strength when climbing, you should spend 30 – 60 minutes a day doing exercise, such as jogging or hiking. Besides, mental factors are also important, by the way very tired and difficul, there will be moments when you want to give up. So an important experience to conquer Fansipan is that you need a strong spirit, strong will, certainly in combination with good stamina to achieve success.
Sharing experiences when conquering Fansipan
- Backpack: Backpack should be moderate, can sustain 3-4.5kg, with handles at the chest and abdomen to fix backpacks to body, avoid deviation, slip or obstruct the movement of people behind.
Sneakers: choose dedicated hiking shoes. You should choose sneakers with thick and soft soles, covering ankle, good friction, traction, waterproof and sweat absorbent. Especially sneakers must fit the foot, if they are too loose, they will be slippery when moving, if they are too tight, they will make your feet sore.
- Socks: take 3-4 pairs of long socks to keep warm, anti-leech, and to prevent foot blisters due to friction with shoes.
- Gloves: For the majority of ways to Fansipan are mountain pass, sometimes you have to climb the cliffs. Hence, another experience to conquer Fansipan is to bring gloves.
- Clothes: Clothes should be sweat absorbent and stretch and ventilated. If you go to in March and April, you should choose summer clothes and a warm coat in case of cold weather. But if you go in November to December, wear warm clothes, bring sweaters and coats.
- Hiking sticks: Very necessary, because it can become a fulcrum when you are tired. You can by dedicated sticks or chop a tree on the way. But the best, to protect the beauty of the mountains, you should buy a dedicated stick for your own.
- Other items: Phone, cash, camera, rain coat, sun hats, multipurpose knives, lighters, flashlights, ropes, medicine, high-calorie snacks, notebooks, binoculars … If you are adventurers, you should bring sleeping bag and tent, this is not necessary if you go by tour.
Notes when conquering Fansipan
- Should hire a porter who is native and familiar to ways to Fansipan. In addition, they can help you carry and handle emergency situations that may occur along the way. This is the experience to conquer Fansipan you should know and remember.
- Do not separate from the delegation: There have been many cases of rare happening as member loss, missing due to personal ego, weaker physical strength than the others and lagging behind … .Therefore, you MUST go in groups, do not let any member alone in the forest.
- Astray: If you astray, go back to the old road, if you cannot determine the direction, you should stand in place waiting for people to find you. Another experience to conquer Fansipan is to bring ribbons to mark the places you went through to avoid way loss and help rescuers find you.
- Note the dangerous roads: Surely on the roads to conquer Fansipan, you will encounter the steep, slippery cliffs, rocky rugged streams, the unsteady roads. Now you need to calm down, be careful when moving, put both feet firmly and use 2 hands clinging to rocks, trees or anything that can stick to your nearby to move. Especially make sure to move up in Z-shape, scroll down stooping, bending knees and try the ruggedness of things you intend to stick.
- Always carry the essentials with you: Phone and backup charger, flashlight, multi-function knife, snacks, ribbons and drinking water. The aim is to prevent when you get lost. Also, when hiking, you should only bring really necessary things, do not bring too much or you’ll lose power very quickly.
These are some experiences to conquer Fansipan – when travelling to Sapa you need to know. Hopefully this experience will help you and your group to conquer the roof of Indochina, as well as conquer yourself.
See more :